Before going any further in this piece, it’s best to know that this piece is about football (soccer) as you would see in the rest of the article, not American football.
With that mentioned, how many bet options do you think a football game has? Even for the regular bettors, this can be hard to answer and here’s the reason why: Most times, the everyday bettor has programmed his or her mind to play in “specific” betting markets.
This means they “automatically” overlook every other kind of market available for that specific game. At other times, it’s because the bettor does not know the meaning of the available markets and what’s in for him if he plays in it.
So, the essence of this article is to not only show you the different markets available to you the bettor in the world of football but also help you to “spice up” your betting game. This takes us back to the question asked earlier:
How many bet options does a typical football game have?
Depending on the football game in question, there are usually between 100 and 190+ markets made available to users of the NairaBET sports betting platform for each football game. These markets are divided into:
This is first list you will see if you’re visiting the website using the computer version. Users of the mobile platform need not worry about this. Just take note of the names of the market. Categorized into the main, we have:
- 1 X 2: The option to select either a home win, draw or away win.
- Correct score: Predict the exact score of the game.
- Both Teams to Score: Predict whether or not both teams will score
- Halftime/Fulltime: Predict the outcome of events for halftime and fulltime.
- Total goals – Odd/Even
- Double Chance: Predict a win or draw (1x or x2) or either team to win (12)
- Draw no bet: Get your money back if it ends in a draw
- Number of goals: self-explanatory!
- Handicap (1X2): Give either team an advantage before the game starts.
- Result After The First 10 Minutes
- Time Of First Goal – 15 Min Intervals
- Time Of First Goal – 10 Min Intervals
- Team to Score
- Halftime/FullTime Correct Score: Choose what the score line will be for both halves.
In this section, it’s all about the goals. You can choose to predict the maximum or minimum number of goals a match would have. Whether you’re looking to place your wager on Over 3.5 goals (that is, there’ll be at least 4 goals in the match) or on Under 2.5 goals (less than 3 goals total), for example, this is the section for you.
There definitely are other options: Over 0.5, 1.5, 2.5, and Under 0.5, 1.5, 2.5, and so on.
Here, you have the option to focus on a specific team and make your prediction solely about them. In football, it takes two to tango. But then you can place your wager on options like “Home Team to Score” or the “Away Team to Score in Both Halves.” The options here are:
- To Score First Goal
- Total goals (Away)
- Home Clean Sheet
- Away Clean Sheet
- Home To Win Both Halves
- Home To Win Either Half
- Home To Score In Both Halves
- Away To Win Both Halves
- Away To Win Either Half
- Away To Score In Both Halves
- Home Highest Scoring Half: Predict which half the home team will score the most in.
- Away Highest Scoring Half: Predict which half the away team will score the most in.
- Away Total Goals: How many goals will the away side score?
- Home Total Goals: How many goals will the home side score?
You don’t necessarily have to place a wager on the entire game. You can simply concentrate on either the first half or the second. Below are some of the markets available to bet on in the first half:
- 1st Half Result: Select which team to win in the first half.
- Asian Totals – 1st Half: Predict the number of goals to be scored in the first half and either make a total win or a half win.
- Total goals in 1st half – Odd/Even
- 1st Half – Total Goals
- 1st Half Goals O/U
- 1st Half – Double Chance
- 1st Half – Draw No Bet
- 1st Half – Both Teams to Score
- 1st Half – First Team To Score
- 1st Half – Correct Score 2
- 1st Half – Totals Home
- 1st Half – Totals Away
- 1st Half – Home Clean Sheet
- 1st Half – Away Clean Sheet
- 1st Half – Handicap
- 1st Half – Matchbet and Totals O/U
- 1st Half – Matchbet And Both Teams To Score
- Asian Handicap – 1st Half: Click here for everything you need to know about Asian Handicap.
As for the second half of any football game:
- 2nd half result: Predict the winner of the second half.
- 2nd Half – Total Goals
- 2nd Half Goals O/U
- 2nd Half – Both Teams to Score
- 2nd Half – Draw No Bet: Get your money back if the 2nd half result ends in a draw.
- 2nd Half – Double Chance
- 2nd Half – Home Total Goals
- 2nd Half – Away Total Goals
- 2nd Half – Home Clean Sheet
- 2nd Half – Away Clean Sheet
- 2nd Half – Correct Score
- 2nd Half – First Team To Score: Predict the first team to score in the second half.
- Asian Totals- 2nd Half: Predict the number of goals to be scored in the second half and either make a total win or a half win.
Here, there are more than 20 options to choose from and they are:
- 1X2 and Under/Over x goals: Predict a win or draw and also the number of goals to be scored.
- Both Teams To Score and Totals
- First Goalscorer
- Halftime Correct Score
- Most Scoring Half
- Winning Margins
- Anytime Goalscorer
- Last Team to Score
- Match Result And Both Teams To Score
- Last Goalscorer
- Home No Bet
- Away No Bet
- Home Win To Nil
- Away Win To Nil
- Home Goals Odd/Even
- Away Goals Odd/Even
- Asian Handicap: See above
- Asian Totals: See above
- Double Chance And Totals O/U: Predict a win/draw or either team win and also the number of goals to be scored.
- Double Chance And Both Teams To Score
- 1st Half – Double Chance And Both Teams To Score
- 2nd Half – Double Chance And Both Teams To Score
- Double Chance In Match And Both Teams To Score In 1st Half
- Double Chance In Match And Both Teams To Score In 2nd Half
Let’s just say this is your license to switch things up a bit in your betting world and explore. Stop restricting yourself too much. Look out for and try one of these markets today. You never know. It could just turn out to be the lucky one for you.
Say goodbye to your boring bet life. Say hello to a whole new world of so many betting – and money-making – opportunities.Tags: betting markets