Welcome to the most overwhelming part of football!
Even though major footballing action is currently on a break, the action continues. But this time inside office spaces, with men in suits having several meetings, trying to broker deals and either sign new contract or renew existing ones.
With a new season not too far away now, clubs the world over are looking to bolster their squads and improve on last season’s performance. This means a reshuffling; out with the old, in with the new.
While the process of signing on new players can be quite hectic for football clubs (it’s mostly out of their control!), it is even more hectic and tiring for the fans. With varying websites dishing out different transfer news, it’s almost impossible to know which is credible and which isn’t.
To buttress this point, in how many newspapers/websites/twitter handles have you seen football transfer news since the major football season ended? 10? 50? 100?
Almost all media publications feature one transfer news or the other, most of which end up being rumors. That’s not to say moves haven’t been happening.
Salah is a Red now. Manchester City can now boast of another really expensive goalkeeper. Arsenal and Manchester United have gotten new defenders. But the potential moves outnumber already completed moves by far.
L. Bonucci, Alex Sandro, Marco Veratti, Kylian Mbappe, Alvaro Morata, Emil Forsberg, Fabinho, Robert Lewandowski, Romelu Lukaku, Lacazette are just some of the names that have been making the rounds this summer. And since the window is still very much open, anything can happen.
With this thought, we’re asking you: Which player would you like to see join your favorite club next season?
Let’s get a bit personal…
- If you’re a Chelsea fan, do you think Conte should let Diego Costa leave? Which player would you like to see join the Blues attack? Is the Roman army solid enough without new additions? Hazard?
- Knowing how troublesome last season was for Arsene Wenger, who would you love to see him sign? As a Gunner, which footballer do you think can turn Arsenal’s fortunes around?
- What if you could spend five minutes with Jose Mourinho as a Manchester United faithful, which player would you advise him to sign? More defenders or more strikers?
- How about you, Liverpool and Man. City fan? Do you think the club you support has made enough signings?
- Mbappe to Real Madrid? Veratti to Barcelona? Dear fan, which deal do you think will go through and which will fall through?
Answer: And the player you’d like to see play for the club you support next season is _______________?
The transfer season is well under way, and we would love to hear from you; your view on the transfer window, your answers to our questions earlier asked, and your general opinion. Be sure to leave us a comment and share your thoughts with us.
You’ll get a reply back from us. Let’s talk football!Tags: transfer season, transfer window