The long road to qualifying for Champions League football has just entered the second stage. Clubs from all parts of Europe are battling it out for a place in the group stages of Europe’s elite club competition.
If you thought the UCL just starts September or with the qualifiers that features teams from Europe’s top major leagues, think again. There are three qualifying rounds, a play-off stage before the group stages of the Champions League kicks off.
The first qualifying round started with 10 teams, 5 – Alashkert, Vikingur, Hibernian, The New Saints, Linfield – of which have now moved on to this next qualifying round to join up with the 29 teams already in this round.
17 teams will make it through this stage of the competition and make their way to the third round of qualifying. But that will be decided after this week’s – and next week’s – results.
Focusing on the second qualifying round, we have familiar names like Celtic, Ludogorets, Salzburg, and Legia Warsaw going head to head; names that are not strangers to the group stage of this competition.
While qualification for the group stage seems a fair distance away, involves a whole lot of hard work and some good luck too, it also means club football season in Europe is very well underway. Tuesdays and Wednesdays… and even Thursdays too are now alive.
Let the games begin!
- Qarabag Fk VS FC Samtredia
- Hibernians FC VS RB Salzburg
- HNK Rijeka VS The New Saints FC
- Partizan Belgrade VS FK Buducnost
- Spartaks Jurmala VS FC Astana
- Apoel Nicosia FC VS F91 Dudelange
- Malmo FF VS Vardar Skopje
- FC Sheriff Tiraspol VS KS Kukesi
- Zrinjski Mostar VS NK Maribor
- Hapoel Beer Sheva VS Budapest Honved
- FC Bate Borisov VS Alashkert
- IFK Mariehamn VS Legia Warsaw
- VMFD Zalgiris VS Ludogorets Razgrad
- MSK Zilina VS FC Copenhagen
- Dundalk FC VS Rosenborg BK
- FH Hafnarfjordur VS Vikingur Gota
- FC Linfield VS Celtic FC
While some other clubs will be touring Asia and the Americas thanks to pre-season friendlies, some others will be battling it out for a ticket to stay alive in the qualifying group stages of the UEFA Champions League.
This also means plenty of football games to place bets on and win big. To bet on any of the listed games above, simply click on your preferred game, place your bet and earn yourself some money.
P.S: Which of these teams are you expecting to make it all the way to the group stages of the UEFA Champions League? Leave us a comment and let us know what you think.Tags: UEFA champions league